The Restaurant-style Chinese Hot and Sour Soup recipe with pasta are spicy. So today I like to share this simple homemade soup recipe, which is easy to make and can be made with chicken or any seafood too. Any Soup recipe is just like salads is very healthy. When you consume soup, you do not only feel full but you even feel less hungry. That is why whenever people wish to lose their weight; they made diet plans that they should enjoy soups for their meals. Moreover in this meal you will get the whole wheat pasta with the soup that will make a full meal for your diet.
According to me, one of the best things about any soup recipe is that in one bowl, you will get the load of nutrition of different vegetables plus you can add some chicken, eggs for more protein. Hence, for dinner or lunch, at least twice or thrice a week, I try to explore and make delicious soups.
Watch Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken Recipe Video
What is hot and sour soup?
As the name suggests it is a spicy and flavored soup that is full of your choice vegetables with chicken. This tang and spice come from the sauces; we have used to make this. It is perfect to sup on cold winter days as well as on monsoon.
As it is loaded with tons of fresh veggies such as carrot, capsicum, chicken stock, it is so good that you must serve its bowlful to your kids whenever possible.
The sour taste in our soup mainly comes from the vinegar. I have added chili vinegar. Even you can use the normal white vinegar if you don’t have chili vinegar. Depending on the flavor and quality of the vinegar added, the soup will get sour flavor.
Furthermore, to give it the required thickness, I have used corn starch and its entire sizzling flavor came right away by adding Dark Soy Sauce, Red Chilli Sauce, Black Pepper, and Vinegar. So, till the rains are ON, make sure to enjoy piping hot Chinese Hot and Sour Soup and revive your happiness.
Is Hot and Sour Soup healthy?
This hot and sour soup is low in calories but high in sodium and rich in protein with chicken and egg. Hence you can easily consider this soup as a healthy one. As we are using loads of vegetables in this, so surely you will get the necessary vitamins and fiber from it. Moreover, you can consider this as a low carb meal as it contains less than 50 gm carbs per serving.
Hot and Sour Soup recipe with pasta
- INDUCTION COOKER
- CHOPPING BOARD
- KNIFE SET
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Onions
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Carrots
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Beans
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Spring Onions
- 1/2 CUP OF Chopped Cabbage
- 1 TSP Ginger
- 1 TSP Garlic
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 CUP OF Whole wheat Pasta
- Green Chilli
- 1/2 CUP OF Celery
- Boiled Chicken
- Chicken Stock
- 1 TSP Black Pepper Powder
- 1 1/2 TBSP Red Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP Chilli Sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 TBSP Chilli Vinegar
- Corn Flour
- Salt as required
- Coriander Leaves
- Sugar as required
- First Boil the Boneless Chicken piece. Add 2 cloves of garlic, diced onion, some whole black pepper on that same water at the time of boiling to get the flavor.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add crushed ginger and garlic on that oil and fry for a minute.
- Then add one by one Chopped Onions, Chopped Carrots, Chopped Red Bell Pepper, Chopped Beans, chopped celery, sliced green chili and Chopped Cabbage on that same pan and stir for few minutes.
- Next add the chicken stock on that for boiling the vegetables and add that whole wheat fussily pasta. Also add some water if needed.
- When it starts to boil, add red sauce, chili sauce and dark soya sauce to that. Also add salt and sugar as required.
- When the vegetables get tender, add 2tsp corn flour dissolve in water on that gravy to get the thickness. Add the whole egg gradually on the soup and stir continuously.
- Serve this chicken hot and sour soup with garnishing of coriander leaves and boiled egg.