This authentic Cheesy Vegetable Bake pasta is full of delightful fresh vegetables, loaded with cheese. This easy baked pasta is loaded with vegetables, extra cheesy, and seriously tempting. Our meatless baked pasta will satisfy vegetarians and meat lovers the same.
You can execute this recipe with seasonal vegetables and affordable pantry ingredients that you already have in your house. The pasta is lively and ultra-satisfying. Even meat lovers adore this vegetarian baked pasta recipe. Baked pasta is the perfect make-ahead meal. It’s amazingly easy to make and can be modified to be vegan.
The ingredients for this easy pasta bake are simple. You can opt for any pasta of your choice. For this baked pasta recipe, you can choose your choice able veggies for this vegetable bake pasta, peppers are great as is cheese, just don’t cut the cheese too thinly or they will disappear.
Sweet corn would work well too, mild in flavor they won’t overpower your pasta bake. You can also use mushrooms of your choice for this bakes pasta. The tomato sauce is the glue that holds this vegetable pasta bake together, it’s packed with flavor and just add the right consistency.
The pasta sauce is the extra that holds this vegetable pasta bake together, it’s packed with flavor and just the right texture. I add a sprinkle of spices and a hint of chili flakes for more depth of flavor but these are optional. You can, of course, add more chili if you wish.
Can I Freeze This Vegetable Pasta Bake?
Are you worried about the leftover? Don’t worry, you can refrigerate this. For refrigerating your bakes pasta here are a few tips to get the best results. For best results chill the pasta bake before baking, and before adding the topping. Please make sure the pasta and sauce mixture to cool completely before freezing.
Place in a freezer-safe dish or bag and label. For excellent results, we recommend freezing the sauce separately, before you add the toppings. Defrost fully, reheat the sauce add the cheese, and check the seasoning before using it again.
Cover and refrigerate the combined, but unbaked pasta up to 2 days. When you cover, use wax paper between the pasta and aluminum foil. Aluminum foil can react with some vegetables.
How to Make this Vegan Baked Pasta
One of the great things about this pasta recipe is that it’s uncommonly easy to modify. So if you are a vegan or your guests are vegan. You can easily serve this dish to them. It is delicious before adding cheese so for a vegan adaptation, just leave the mozzarella out. Additionally, you can opt for vegan cheese, which is easily available at the shop.
Cheesy Vegetable Bake pasta
- Induction Oven
- INDUCTION COOKER
- CHOPPING BOARD
- 1 Lb pasta
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- A cup of Capsicum, dice
- A cup of Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped ginger & garlic
- ½ cup of Sweet corn
- 2 Tbsp of Red sauce
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Red chili pow
- Crushed black bell pepper
- Black Olives
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add 4 cups of water and pasta on that. After some time combine 1 tbsp of salt and oil to that water. Cook until the pasta is done and strain.
- Cut all the vegetables
- Heat the 1 tbsp of oil and once hot, add chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté for a minute.
- Combine onion, capsicum, red bell pepper sweet corn one by one, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add salt, black pepper, dried oregano, and red chili flakes. Mix everything till combined.
- Cook for a minute or two till veggies soften a little and combine a tablespoon of red sauce and mix.
- Now on that pan add the boiled pasta. Mix everything together and remove pan from heat.
- Now for making the pasta sauce, take a small pan and add 2 tbsp of red sauce, 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, and all the seasonings. Mix them well.
- Take a baking dish and add some grated cheese on that.
- Transfer half of the pasta from the pan and add the pasta sauce on the top in that baking dish.Then layer the remaining pasta on top of the sauce. and Finally, top with mozzarella cheese and black olives.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 15-20 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Remove the pasta from the oven, and serve.
- Please make sure you will boil the pasta until it’s become soft. If you will not boil the pasta properly before baking because it’s in the oven for only a short time and won’t turn mushy.
- Use any dried pasta other than capellini.
- If you are baking the pasta right away, go ahead and add the hot ingredients to the hot pasta and stir to coat. If you’re baking it later, wait until all the components have cooled to toss them together.
- The baking dish used for baked pasta should be thick and made of ovenproof material, such as glass or ceramic. The dish should have fairly high sides to prevent the bubbling sauce and melting cheese from spilling over in the oven as the dish bakes.
- Several times the bottom and sides of the baking dish are buttered before ingredients are added. Buttering the bottom and sides helps prevent the ingredients from sticking to the dish when it is baked.
- The sauce can be tomato or cream-based but must include enough liquid to provide sufficient moisture to keep the pasta dish from drying out.
- When you are pre-cooking the pasta, it must be removed from the heat while it is still a slight undercooked, otherwise, the additional liquid absorption during the baking process will cause the pasta to become overdone and mushy.