A fluffy and spongy chocolate cake recipe made without eggs is a perfect cake for every occasion. Whether you are celebrating a birthday or any festival. This homemade chocolate cake made absolutely eggless is a treat for kids and adults alike.
When you are celebrating your occasion with your loved ones, this will be the perfect time to share this easy and perfect Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe with you guys. It is one of those easy recipes which you can make when you really want to make a dessert quickly.
Moreover, the ingredients are easily available at your house. Suppose if you don’t have any plan for making a cake on your special days. But then at the very last moment, you felt like baking a cake. Yeah, this is another example when you can make this cake to surprise your loved one.
First of all, you will have all the ingredients in your pantry and that’s the good part about this recipe- it calls for basic ingredients cake. The second good thing about this cake is that it comes together very quickly; the batter part takes no more than 30 minutes. Just sift the dry ingredients, whisk in the wet ingredients and then combine the two and bake. Super easy.
What cakes can you make without eggs?
Baking cakes without egg is possible. Cakes without eggs can be a little involved, but not impossible. The best egg substitutes for a cake recipe are baking soda, yogurt, sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, applesauce, and ripe mashed banana. But please make sure that these last two can alter the flavor of the cake.
How to bake this cake without oven?
If you don’t have an oven, you can simply bake this cake in a pressure cooker. Firstly, in a pressure cooker add in 1½ cup of salt and place a cooker rack or any cup. Close the lid of the cooker without keeping whistle.
Then heat the pressure cooker for 5 to 10 minutes. As a result, it gives a preheat oven atmosphere. Then accurately place the cake tray into the cooker, leaving a gap around the edges.
To bake a cake in the oven, close the lid of cooker without gasket and whistle. Simmer for 40 minutes. Furthermore, insert a toothpick at the center and check. if it comes out clean then the cake is done. else cover and bake for another 5 minutes.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, sure you can double this eggless chocolate cake recipe, as per your requirements for your family and friends.
Can I skip baking powder?
Baking powder is the only leavening component added to this recipe. If you will skip the baking soda part then the cake will not look fluffy. So you cannot skip the baking powder for this chocolate cake recipe.
Why my chocolate cake is not spongy?
In this chocolate cake recipe, only one leavening component is used. That leaving ingredient is baking powder.
The reaction of baking powder in making this eggless chocolate cake spongy and light. It is always better to check the freshness of baking powder before you proceed with the recipe.
If the baking powder is not fresh or past its shelf life, the cake won’t rise. Also, the amount of the ingredients is very important. Please make sure about the amount of those ingredients you are taking.
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Mixer Blender
- Hand blender
- KNIFE SET
- Induction Oven
- 2 Cups of Cookie dust
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- In a blender take 15-20 cookies and blend them into a fine powder
- Transfer crushed biscuits in a mixing bowl. Then add baking soda, baking powder, and sugar one by one. Combine a cup of milk and mix well. The milk should be at room temperature.
- Gradually add the milk and whisk the batter with the help of a hand blender.
- Grease a cake mold with butter and transfer the batter in mould.
- Bake the cake in the oven at 175 C for 20 mins.
- Once the cake cools down, place the cake on a plate. Decorate the cake with Nutella cocoa spread on the top and sides of the cake piece.
- Garnish with the peanut dust or you can also decorate as per your choice. The cake is ready to serve and cut the fluffy chocolate cake. ENJOY!!!
- Baking times vary from one machine to another, so maintain an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top of the cake is cooking too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Please make sure that you are using good quality baking soda. To test it add 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar in a bowl and that baking soda. If it is fresh it will bubble immediately. But if the baking soda does not bubble that mean it is not fresh all. If your baking soda is not good then your cake will turn flat.
- Quantity of baking soda is also important if you will not add proper amount of baking soda, then it may leave a bitter taste of soda.
- I did not use any flavor of in this cake but if you wish then you can some vanilla essence to this cake as per your taste.
- To store you can cover the cake tightly and store at room temperature for up to 2 days and/or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- The baked cake can be frozen up to 2 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before icing and serving.