This fluffy and spongy mango cake is made with homemade simple mango pulp for a great fruity punch and further frosting with mango glaze. Moreover this mango cake recipe is egg free, has no butter or condensed milk.
This eggless mango cake recipe that we are sharing with you today tastes great on it’s own. The moment you will take the very first bite of this mango cake you will be happy that your effort was worth it. while we love eating mangoes on their own, they also make amazing ingredients in this desserts.
Mango is the actual star of this cake so make sure to pick some good, sweet ripe ones. Mangos add a beautiful pop of color, incredible flavor, and a healthy boost of nutrients to the cake. This eggless dessert is an extremely adaptable and also can be made with almost any fruit puree of your favorite.
We are using fresh mango puree because mangoes are in season. The cake batter is a oil-based cake recipe without eggs, all-purpose flour, and powdered sugar. I prefer to use all-purpose flour as compared to cake flour because it adds stability to the heavy mango puree.
For the frosting, today, we are using a mango pulp and sugar. We will make some mango glaze for the decoration. So, a Fresh sweet mango, delicious layer of chocolate on top, all together mingles really well and tastes heavenly good.
How to store this eggless mango cake?
Unfrosted mango cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days . If frosted then consume within 4 days. Please make sure that you are keeping the cake in a airtight container.
Can I use canned mango pulp instead of fresh mango pulp to make this eggless cake?
Yes you can use that. Just use the kitchen scale to take the proper amount of sugar and canned mango pulp as mentioned in the recipe tips. We are also using fresh mangoes to make the mango puree, but you can also use frozen mangoes.
However, do not use frozen mangoes slices on top of the cake, as the condensation For the measurements, we can for the measuring cups and measuring spoons. It’s always a good idea to have these handy and use them when baking rather than trying to guess measurements.
Can I use other fruits instead of mangoes?
Yes you can use any seasonal fruits. Fruits that would substitute mangoes well are apple , banana or strawberry puree. Also you can use pineapple as you like.
How to make this Mango Cake in a Cooker or a Kadai?
You can make this cake in Kadai or cooker easily. Place a wire rack or stand in the cooker and then preheat it on high flame for 10 mins. Then place the cake pan along with the batter in the cooker. Close the lid without any gasket or whistle and bake it on a med-low flame for 45-55 mins.
Mango Cake Recipe
- CHOPPING BOARD
- Mixer Blender
- INDUCTION COOKER
- Induction Oven
- Mango Slices
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Refined Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- Cut the mango into slices and blend to smooth puree.
- Strain the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix well.
- Now take a bowl, unite the powdered sugar with refined oil. Then combine the mango puree with the sugar and whisk together properly.
- Then gradually add the flour mixture and milk and flutter them gently using a whisk. Sieve the flour making sure there are no lumps.
- Brush some oil into the mold. Then line a butter paper at the bottom to prevent sticking.Now pour the batter into the mold and also tap twice to level up evenly and remove any air bubbles if present. Bake it in a preheatedoven at 180 C for 35 minutes.
- Now for the mango glaze, heat the pan and add 1/2 cup of mango puree plus 1/2 cup of sugar on that. Stir continuously in low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Check the cake with a toothpick and keep aside to cool slightly.Now unmold the cake. Then for the decorating this delicious cake, add the mango glaze and liquid chocolate on the top of the cake with a pattern.
- Finally, enjoy your fluffy eggless mango cake.
• Instead of oil, you can also use butter both unsalted, as well as salted butter. I have made the cake with oil. Use neutral flavored oil. • This cake can be made in a pressure cooker. The recipe cannot be made twice as much as it is. Some experimentation is needed on your side to double it. • For this recipe, both baking soda and baking powder are required and cannot be altered with each other. • You can also add flavorings or spices of your choice as cardamom powder goes very well in this cake. • You can skip the frosting if you want. The cake tastes good plain too. Or you can also frost the cake with your choice of frosting. • Never Over-mix the cake batter.
• You may skip the chocolate layer and just make it as a mango loaf cake.
• Lastly, every oven works differently. So the baking times are just guidelines. In the case of cakes, a skewer inserted in the center is a great indication. If the cake bakes too fast or too slow compared to the time given, it might be a good idea to check if your oven needs calibration.