Summertime and you need a drink to cool off right? So this oreo milkshake with ice cream recipe is an ideal sweet dessert for you. This is a popular classic recipe used in restaurants the world over, this Oreo milkshake is the perfect sweet surprise. Furthermore, with a bit of cookie crunch, rich chocolate sauce, and a luscious body, it’s no wonder why people are so attached to this flavorful dessert.
This simple milkshake recipe prepared with chilled milk, Oreo cookies, and ice cream slab of your favorite flavor. Oreo shake can easily be served to kids as well as to adults as dessert.
Oreo is a sandwich cream filling cookies that are very popular all across the world. No one knows why the famous cookie is named Oreo. Some say it’s because it’s easy to remember, however, others debate it was named after the origin of the word “Oreo” from the French word for “gold” or the Greek word for “beautiful.” And this oreo milkshake is a rich and smooth chocolaty milkshake with those popular cookies.
You can make this milkshake as per your preference of flavor. You can also modify this as per your taste and choice. There are lots of variations of this milkshake, but we have prepared it with the combination of butterscotch ice cream.
This helps us to provide a creamy texture. We have used coffee powder and cocoa powder to this milkshake, which improves balance the flavor with chilled milk and Oreo. These flavors and creamy luscious drink is the reason why the people are so fond of this drink.
We have used powdered sugar for this milkshake. Powdered sugar helps us to balance of flavors. But if you want to skip this part you can do it. Ice cream and oreo biscuits are already sweet in taste so addition of sugar may make it extra sweet. You can add sweet as per your taste. It’s a delightful drink recipe that you can prepare quickly for your kids and we are sure, they will love the milkshake.
This milkshake has a thick and creamy taste that you would not be able to forget. You can use whatever milk you want for this recipe, from 1% to whole, but in the case of a milkshake, I always think whole milk is the way to go. The only thing I have to ask you, do not use skim milk.
It would be a waste of a milkshake and even a bit of a spoof. Also, if you are looking for a comfort drink, then this Oreo Milkshake is perfect for you. You can make a few variations with this milkshake recipe as well by adding fruits like bananas or add some chocolate powder to make it more flavorful.
This is a classic drink recipe that can be prepared anytime. So, if you are wondering what to make to impress your loved ones on weekends try this quick shake recipe and enjoy with them. You can pair this shake with a sandwich of your choice to make it a complete meal for breakfast.
Can I make this milkshake vegan?
You can replace the milk with soya milk or thin coconut milk, swap the ice cream for vegan ice cream, the cream for vegan cream (or leave it out) and the chocolate for dairy-free chocolate. Oreos are suitable for vegans.
Can I refrigerate my milkshake and drink it later?
These Oreo milkshakes are extremely relished immediately. But in some cases, if you have some leftover, put it in the fridge in a sealed container without the toppings as soon as it’s made.
As this milkshake contains dairy products, it’s not good food safety practice to leave it out at room temp as it may plunder. One safely stored in the refrigerator, your milkshake should last for a day or so. Be sure to shake well before serving.
If you are a summer person, then you would certainly love cold drinks. However, that doesn’t mean you will have to go for caffeinated, carbonated, fizzy, and energy drinks.
These drinks will surely cool you down in no time; however, they are not good for your overall health. So try this simple oreo shake recipe that is comparably unhealthy from those frozen cold drinks:
- Mixer Blender
- 4-5 Oreo biscuits
- 400 ml of Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Powdered sugar
- ½ Tsp of Cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp of Milk powder
- 1 Tsp of Coffee powder
- Crushed Ice
- Choco chips
- Choco syrup
- 2 Scoops of Ice cream
- Take a blender jar and pour 400 of milk in it.
- Add 1 Tsp coffee powder, 1/2 Tsp cocoa powder, 2 Tbsp milk powder, 2 tbsp Powdered sugar.
- Add 4-5 oreo biscuits, and crushed ice in a blender and blend to make a smooth shake.
- Take a glass and pour some chocolate syrup on the sides. Swirl the glass to coat it with chocolate syrup in a pattern. Refrigerate the glass for a few minutes.
- Pour the shake in the prepared glass and Top with your favorite ice cream.
- Sprinkle some choco chips and choco syrup on the top and Serve this delicious drink
• You can also prepare this using frozen vanilla yogurt.
• Measure ice cream; let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 min. or until slightly softened.
• Drink it immediately. Otherwise, the Oreo dust drifts to the top eventually, creating a thicker, more biscuit top layer.
• Firstly, use less milk and double the amount of ice cream for a thick milkshake.
• Furthermore, use flavored oreo biscuits of your choice. However, I like to keep my oreo milkshake simple and tasty with butter scotch-flavored cream.
• Finally, Oreo milkshake tastes great when served chilled.