Sometimes we usually forget about easy meals when we think about the healthy diet. However, for easy keto meals, I love to make some types of low carb healthy egg salad for my family. When I am thinking about the salad type’s egg salad sounded so good to me. So, let me turn those leftover hard-boiled eggs in your kitchen into the most luscious keto egg salad you’ve ever had using only a handful of simple ingredients.
If you are looking for a fast and no-cook simple dish for a picnic, get-together, or just need something quick and easy to cook for the lunch or dinner, this keto egg salad recipe is worth trying. This keto egg salad with avocado is soft while offering a bit of flavor. Since it requires just a few ingredients that easily available in your kitchen and takes practically no time to prepare, it can easily become a staple in your weekly keto meal plan.
Generally, I believe traditional egg salad can be a little boring, so I like to add fresh herbs to kick up the flavor. Egg salad with seasoning is my favorites for salad; they add a lovely light and fresh flavor. The diced red onion and lettuce will add some texture and test.
Can you eat boiled eggs and avocado on a healthy keto diet?
A keto-friendly diet is something where we need to restrict our carbohydrate intake per meal to create natural ketosis. Ketosis occurs when your body has limited access to glucose, its preferred fuel source.
Then your body will make ketones make out of fat and uses them as fuel. However, low carb ingredients can help you to do so. Moreover, eggs can be a great choice for those limiting their carb intake per day. You can eat eggs on keto, boiled, or differently.
In the fruit, avocado is essential for the ketogenic diet. Mainly for those who are just starting the keto diet. Avocados are not only very low in carb but also very high in potassium contain. Those will help you to overcome keto flue.
Carbs in hard-boiled egg
In a large-sized hard-boiled egg, there are only 0.56 grams of carbs. Eggs do have a tiny amount of carbohydrate contain. In a low carb diet or keto diet, one can take up to 25 grams of carbs per day, that means approx 80 eggs per day. So hard-boiled eggs are keto-friendly food.
How to Store the Recipe
This recipe will make a high amount of healthy egg salad, which is sufficient for four servings. You cannot leave out this dish at room temperature. To store your leftovers, store the salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week. Hard-boiled eggs are good for up to seven days. So you can write the preparation date on the container.
Does avocado egg salad turn brown?
Our this healthy Keto Avocado egg Salad does not turn brown. Because of the secret ingredient Are Lemon. I always make sure to pour the lemon on the cut avocados as soon as possible to keep the color at its best.
KETO FRIENDLY EGG SALAD
- CHOPPING BOARD
- MIXING BOWL
- SERVING TRAY
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup of chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 cup of chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped Yellow Bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped Avocadoes
- Feta Cheese
- 1 chopped Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 cup of chopped Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Rock Salt
- Cutting: Cut the all ingredients into small cube pieces one by one.
- : Seasoning: To make this seasoning take a bowl and add some olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, black pepper powder and rock salt and mix well.
- Take a big bowl and add one by one chopped lettuce, chopped onions, chopped cucumbers, diced cherry tomatoes, chopped avocadoes, chopped capsicum, chopped red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper and gently mix well.
- : Cook the hard boiled eggs using your preferred method. Let cool, peel, and Add the eggs to a large bowl and mix to combine. Taste and add seasoning as needed.
- Serve this salad with beautiful garnishing of cherry tomatoes.