‘Before you begin your fun expedition to the king of mountains, Ladakh, it is necessary to know about essential things to carry for Ladakh trip. When you plan your holiday in a location like this, you know that you need much more preparation than any other hill station trip.’
You know that you will be gone for several days to an area known for its harsh weather and challenging terrain; a place where even some of the basic facilities like ATM, mobile connectivity, mechanics, fuel stations, eateries, and accommodation can still be scarce.
There is no doubt that not everyone would need or pack in the same manner. Still, I will try to enlist some important tips which will help you pack your Clothes for Ladakh, especially in the start of the season (April to June) and end of the season (September to October).
Things to Know for Carrying Clothes for Ladakh Trip: In that kind of weather you should keep yourself warm all the time with a proper outfit. Always wear shoes with shocks. Here is the packing list of Clothing:
Important Tip: Especially, in the month of September and October, the UV rays are harshest and you must protect your skin using Hats / Caps and good high SPF sunscreen lotions.
Documents and IDs:
Please ensure that you are carrying both the original and a few photocopies of it.
- Driving License
- Original Registration Certificate
- Motorcycle Insurance original and photocopy
- PUC Certificate
- Medical Insurance
- Adhar card/Voter ID Card
- List of important contacts
- Map and itinerary
- 8-10 Passport size photographs
Motorcycle Spare Parts:
As you are traveling by your own motorcycle, you will need to get it to prepare for the tough trip ahead. You will also need to carry some essential tools and spares to ensure a hassle-free Ladakh trip.
- Spare motorcycle key
- Chain Locks
- Spare Sparkplug
- Clutch and Accelerator wire
- Tubeless puncture repair kit for tubeless tyres.
- Rear tyre tube and tyre irons and valve key for tube-type tyres.
- Foot/electric pump
- Engine oil
- Electrical tape, m-seal, and steel wire
- Front brake lever and clutch lever
- Chain Spray
- Funnel to pour petrol
- Headlight Bulb
- Fuse and M seal
Accessories: Cameras and Gadgets
After clothes, some necessary accessories that you must be carrying with you. Below is a list.
First Aid Kit :
Don’t forget to pack these essential First Aid Kit in your luggage.
- Cotton wool – 1 medium
- Bandage Gauze
- Diamox Tab 10(Acetazolamide) – Useful as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness (AMS) and as an aid to acclimatization
- Glucon D
- Band-Aid Washproof
- Pain Spray/ Iodex
- Medicines: Digene, Vicks action 500, D cold, Crocin Pain Relief, Voveran SR 100mg – Relief from severe pain and Entroquinol – Relief from Loose motion.
After clothing and accessories, listed below are a few daily use items that you must pack.
- Toothpaste (small tube)
- Tooth Brush
- Liquid Soap or Paper Soap
- Shampoo sachets
- Face wash
- Cold Cream
- Sunscreen Lotion SPF30 or higher
- Shaving kit
- Roll-on Deo or Spray
- Washing Detergent soap or powder (small sachet)
- Hair Oil
Carry few dry fruits from home like.
Maggie/Biscuits/cake/juices/Chocolates and Dry Fruits.
Dry fruits and chocolates can work as instant energy-giving snacks.
Bags and Others:
- Saddle Bag/ Big Rucksack Bag
- Tank Bag
- Tarpouline to cover your luggage or bike from Rain
- 2 Jerry Cans of 5 lt to carry extra fuel
- Spare Key
- Carry enough money for the entire trip
- Post-Paid Connection with roaming is beast for Ladakh
- Bungee and Rubber Bands
- Safety pins and
- Needle and Thread for unwanted tear off.
Never miss anything essential for this kind of road trip. If you are planning for a road trip the first time, you may think to ignore small things that are not present in your home. But always carry all the necessary things required for a road trip. If you are missing anything don’t give a try! If you are running out of time for shopping, you can check all required travel accessories (linked with light brown color) from Flipkart for quick home delivery.