A delicious dessert to eat on. Fruit jelly is a delightful, sweet, and extraordinary cube of dessert. Tri Colour Jelly Recipe you can at home with the help of minimum simple ingredients. It’s the 73rd Indian Independence Day on 15th August 2020, so we think about making a dessert for the special day representing Tricolored Indian Flag.
Here’s a fruit jelly with an Indian twist, tri colour jelly recipe made with milk mixed with orange and green mango juice. This jelly with agar agar will set against one another making for a beautiful fruit jelly to relish with family and friends. We will sure you will love this Jelly dessert and especially your kids will cherish this.
We have used Agar-agar Powder, an alternative option for Gelatin. We have used fruit juice to make this jelly but if you want can add food colour & essence of your choice to make this Jelly. You can use Mango, milk, and Orange juice for the layers.
The first fruit we were considering was Orange juice for Orange colour. Also, if you have remaining mangoes in the fridge and its pulp was in orange color so you can also choose them. For while colour we could only decide milk because nothing can give us a bright, white colour.
For the alternative, you can use coconut milk or almond milk for the white portion. Lastly, for the Green layer, nothing can beat the raw mango juice. Furthermore, you can use kiwi fruit for a bright green colour. So we chose to give it a try for perfect flavours and colours.
Is gelatin and agar agar the same?
Agar (or Agar Agar), seldom is a gelling tool coming from a Southeast Asian plant. Usually, It is used for scientific purposes for example in biology lab. Also as a stuffing in paper sizing fabric.
Moreover, Agar can also be applied as a laxative because it contains maximum portion is fibre and as an appetite suppressant too. Finally It’s a vegetarian Gelatin substitute, a thickener for soups, jelly, ice cream and others desserts. Agar is obtainable in food stores, in supermarket in Asian grocery stores and also you can get it from online.
Agar is the exact replacement to traditional Gelatin. It is made from a plant source rather than from an animal one. That makes it suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets, and other diet restrictions. Moreover, Agar agar has no taste, no odour and no colour, which makes it pretty handy to use with any dishes.
It also places more firmly than Gelatin, and also stays firm even when the temperature heats up. Tri Colour Jelly Recipe is wonderfully easy and delicious and perfect for Independence Day.
Is Agar agar is healthy for use?
Agar has no calories, no carbs, and no sugar, not fat and is filled with fiber. Moreover, it’s totally free from starch, soy, gluten, yeast, wheat, milk, egg and preservatives. It easily digests glucose in the stomach, passes through digestive system quickly and inhibits the body from retaining and storing excess fat.
Also. it has a water consuming properties also assistants in waste elimination from our body. Agar absorbs bile creates the body to dissolve more cholesterol from the blood.
- INDUCTION COOKER
- Hand blender
- 1 Cup Green Mango Juice
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Agar Agar Powder
Make The Green Jelly
- Heata pan and add a cup of green mango juice. Now combine the agar agar powder andsugar on that. Stir them properly and boil for 1- 2mins.
- Take a bowl and a glass as per your choice, brush some oil, and pour the mixture on that.
White Layer Preparation
- Now again place a pan on flame and pour milk into it let it boil, add sugar, and wait until it dissolves. Now combine the agar agar powder on that. Stir them properly and boil for 1- 2 mins.
- Once the green color is set, pour the white milk mix over the green jelly using a scoop.
Orange Layer Preparation
- Now again place a pan on flame and pour orange juice into it let it boil, add sugar, and wait until it dissolves. Now combine the agar agar powder on that. Stir them properly and boil for 1- 2 mins.
- Take it out and check. When it is solid in texture pour the third orange color layer and freeze the next few minutes.
- Now, your tri-color dessert is ready! Serve cool with fruits or alone and enjoy.