Vanilla Ice Cream has a general attraction and almost each of us loves it. If you get a colorful texture with this will be an added benefit. Adding it to tricolour desserts and serving with warm Gulab Jamuns or any dessert is happiness. This Tricolor Ice Cream Recipe is for you who are looking for homemade ice cream without eggs.
But can you make store-like colorful Vanilla Ice Cream at home? Moreover, you can make this ice cream with few ingredients. The ingredients are easily available at the market. Also, you can this without eggs.
So make sure in this Independence Day that you will not buy an ice cream bar from the market. Also if you are serving your vegetarian friend, then this Tricolor Ice Cream Recipe is for you who are looking for homemade ice cream without eggs. It is so creamy and perfect to beat the heat in summer.
The ingredients for this colorful creamy dessert are easily accessible to you. Mainly we need some fresh cream whipped into stiff peaks with an electric mixer. Use some condensed milk for sweetener. Usually, vanilla is the usual popular flavor of ice cream we use.
But most people don’t know that vanilla is also the most labor-intensive of all products which makes vanilla beans and pure extract a bit costly. Thankfully, a little vanilla goes a great way.
There are three common basic types of vanilla are Bourbon, Tahitian, and Mexican. Bourbon vanilla, from Madagascar, which has the usual attractive, strongest flavor. Tahitian is more floral and a bit more intangible. Real Mexican is strong, yet creamy-tasting, perhaps this is the vanilla essence we all use.
Added an important tip to make your ice cream creamy and tasty is to whip the cream so that it does not give a watery flavour to the ice cream.
If you have sudden guests coming over and you don’t know what to make for desserts, then this should be your go-to recipe. It is easy-to-make and will require all readily available ingredients.
How to store this tricolor vanilla ice cream?
You are worried about the leftover delicious colourful dessert. But you don’t require bothering with this ice cream. You can easily store this homemade tricolor ice cream in your fridge for 2-3 days. First, check your fridge temperature. Ice cream is best when stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
Also, you have to store ice cream in a freezer-safe airtight container. Furthermore please make sure that the container is flat. Because it will help keep ice cream at even consistency. Please hold a piece of plastic wrap firmly against the entire surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Why is my ice cream not freezing?
Don’t use low fat milk or cream for this ice cream.This sweet frozen dessert is reliable on dairy with a solid fat content, like heavy cream. It’s what gives ice cream its rich flavor and smooth, creamy texture.
Before even thinking about swirling your ice cream, make sure the base is totally chilled before pouring it into the container.If you are trying to make a little lighter version of this ice cream and use milk in this recipe instead of cream. or you can use half milk and half cream.
Fat does not freeze so it helps give the ice cream a smoother texture. Try increasing the amount of fat by using cream or half & half instead of just milk.
Why does homemade ice cream melt quicker?
It’s true. Homemade ice cream often melts quicker than ice cream you buy in the store. Why? Well, the ice cream at the shop contains stabilizers that thicken the mixture and help it resist melting when frozen.
This is the reason for melting so store in the fridge within an airtight container.If the ice cream is not churned fast enough, larger ice crystals can form, causing the ice cream to become too hard when frozen.
The faster it is churned the more air that is whipped into it, which will help it from freezing as hard.
Tri-Color Ice Cream
- Hand blender
- 2 Cups Fresh Cream
- 1 Cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3-4 Drops of Orange Food Color
- 3-4 Drops of Green Food Color
- Tricolor Sprinkles (optional)
- Take a bowl and beat the fresh cream on medium-high speed until it becomes thick, creamy, and gives a solid peak point.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extractand beat until well-blended. Now the ice cream base is ready.
- 4. Break the ice cream batter into three bowls. Color one bowl with a few drops of green food color and other with orange food color.
- Now take a freezer-safe bowl, layer it with a green ice cream base, and add in the next layer of white ice cream base and then finally add in the orange ice cream base. Cover with a wrapper and let it set well for at least 7 to 8 hrs or until completely set.
- Serve with some tricolor sprinkles and enjoy.
- Use a mixing bowl that will be large enough to hold all ingredients including whipped cream.
- Don’t use food color in too much quantity to the cream because it can give a taste of bitterness.
- For storing always use covered ice cream containers and these ice cream containers because they prohibit ice crystals and it is also easy to use and easy to clean.
- Take 3 separate bowls for making the base otherwise, colours will combine with together.
- Store ice cream in small, airtight containers and blanket the surface with plastic to minimize the formation of ice crystals and to increase the creaminess.